Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Step

Standing on the edge;
As I look out I am in awe.
Life beckons me to take a step;
Just a step, so that I may experience more.

What is a step? It asks.
A gentle movement,
Taking a chance on the unknown,
Having faith in what I am in for.

But am I ready for what comes next,
To try something new,
To meet someone different;
The ache reaches deep to my core.

I am not sure.
How can I be?
Why should I believe?
Did I not try this before?

I am ready now, Lord!
I reach out my hand,
You are there to grasp it tight;
With You I am finally ready to soar!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely writing, Denise! So good to hear from you. I bet your son is a great son, because you're a great mom.
    KUTGW (keep up the good work!)
    Love always, Kori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kori! I have mixed feelings about Facebook at times but I am grateful to catch up with people that were a part of my life when I was younger and lost touch with. It is wonderful to hear from you as well!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete